lextof

Where can I rent a professional Racing bike or trekking bike in Sibiu or Balea?

Hi,

I'm looking for a bike shop or tourist point where I can rent a professional bike (or trekking bike). I would like to bike to Paltinis or Balea on the main road, so I don't need a mountain bike.

Hope anyone can give me an address or link.

Thanks in advance.

Greetings Alex

Assuming Sibiu is acceptable as a starting point (30 km from Păltiniș), there seems to be a bike shop which rents KTM bikes (contact info).

They do say 'other models on demand', so I suppose you might be able to rent a road bike.

That's the same one I found on a quick online search. They seem to lend KTM Comp R3.0 Full Suspension mountainbikes at €30/day - according to an ad they placed in 2011.

Another one I found is Kultours, located in the city center. They don't mention any bike models or prices, though.

Thanks for the tip. I tried to search to, but it is hard to so without a proper knowledge of the Romanian language. Now I have an address. Again thanks.

Gr. Alex

For sure you won't find it usefull after many years, but it might be helpfull for others that are in the same situation, as you were. 

Go to http://www.lightcycling.ro 

They are from Sibiu, they are renting carbon road bikes, and also trekking bicycles. 

Cheers!

• Upvote 2