Sign in to follow this  
Coolalcoy

MTB / Enduro near Bucharest

Dear friends,

I am new in Bucharest. I am a biker willing to go out with other bikers. I normally do enduro / allmountain around Madrid in Spain where there are many mountains and trails. 

I will be able to ride during weekends. 

Sorry guys I don't speak Romanian yet.

Thanks,

Sergio

• Upvote 1

Sinaia (~120 km from Bucharest, ~1.5h with the train) - there are some trails for downhill, and you have also cable lift. Now is not a good time to go there because it is still snowing, i think :). You can do the mountains Bucegi also from Sinaia, very nice mountains for some all mountain/enduro. 

Brasov: (~180 km from Bucharest, ~2:30 with the train): Here is my favorite trail, Postavaru, 100% enduro :). You can go on the bike to the top (1799 m) from Brasov or you can take the cable lift from Poiana Brasov. The descent is ~13 km.

Here is the track: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/594743364 (only the descent).

I bet you will fall in love with Brasov if you love mountains. :)

We are going regularly to Sinaia/Brasov to do these trails, maybe we can go together when the weather allows it.

Sorry @@Croocodillul. Thanks for your answer! I happen to be in Sinaia with the family (I could't ride) and I say very nice trails up in Cota 1400 and around. It looks just amazing!

Do you know where I can rent a enduro bike for a weekend? Maybe in Sinaia I guess, I am doing a bit of research.

Thank you very much for your offering about going with you guys. For me it is perfect if we can eventually go to Sinaia once, I would love it. And it is pretty close so we can be back in Bucharest reasonably soon.

I am looking forward to ride in Sinaia and Brasov.

All the best and many thanks!